Why is it Important to Choose the right Social Media Platform?
As a business owner, everyone thinks to keep their business on top and for that, they don’t want to leave any stones left unturned. They take very well and calculative steps on how they can promote their brand and enhance their business growth, they constantly think of how they can promote their brand and where (platform) they can promote it. You must be able to define the correct platform to multiply your business growth.
Is there a right or wrong method in selecting the Social Media Platform?
When it comes to marketing there is no right or wrong way to do it. You must understand that what can work for you doesn’t mean it will work for everyone and vice-versa, hence every marketing strategy is right you just need to keep in mind which one aligns with yours business.
How can you select the Social Media Platform?
Now, you must be thinking about how one can do it? How can you choose the right platform for your business and multiply your business growth? Don’t worry we have worked out this math for you and have made choosing the right platform as easy as it can be.
- Audience: For each and every marketing strategy it is a very vital and non-negotiable step and ignoring this can cause your business serious harm. By knowing your audience you can easily understand what your customers want and how can you provide it!
- Set goals: Once you are done knowing about the audience now you need to set clear and attainable goals for your business, it can be as simple as driving more sales, increasing brand presence or simply for reaching out to your customers need
- Reach your audience: After you have set the goal for your business you must choose the way to attain them, it simply means you just simply need to find the platform which has your target audience and can even help you reach your goal
- Competitor analysis: Do a deep dive search method to know about how your competitors are working and which of their tricks are working for their best (use of their social media account)and can you learn from them
- Create your account when needed: This step simply mans that just because every business is creating account on all the given doesn’t means you should also do the same. Always remember just because can doesn’t mean you have to do what others are doing
- Align all your platforms: Let’s suppose you have chosen two platforms which aligns with all the points we have learned till now then it doesn’t mean that you will post different kind of content on the two. Remember that if you want to create a brand image then you have to maintain a consistent uniformity
Popular Social Media Platform and its Audience
Here we have listed the entire major and most used social media platform and the audience age group they cater too
- Facebook: One of the most social media platforms, have around 2.45b monthly users with daily usage among the age of 18-54
- Instagram: It is owned by Facebook and has over 1b users and is highly popular among the age group of 18-30 and is an excellent place to show off about your business
- LinkedIn: Best professional social media platform and has over 690m member and it is used by almost all professionals
- Twitter: Twitter generally act as the news hub among all these social media platforms and it has a crowd of over 330m active users. Running ads on this platform is a little costlier than in comparison of Facebook and Instagram but it also have a high conversion rate
- Pinterest: 360m active users among which 71% of the users are female and around 25% of the B2B companies use it to showcase their services.
- YouTube: It has around 2 billion active users and has now turned into the second most popular search engine and is used promptly among the age group of 18-49
Key points of Social Media Platform
- Instagram would appeal more to entrepreneurs and those who can invest in creating visually appealing collateral.
- Pinterest has a larger female audience, hence it appeals to businesses and industries like tourism, food, and fashion.
- LinkedIn is the niche social media platform for businesses, corporations, and professionals hence making it ideal for B2B businesses.
- YouTube helps you to make everyone understand your products better.
There is one thing for sure which you need to keep in mind that is you can’t invest equal time, effort and money on all the platforms, hence you need to specifically choose which platform is more important to you and have a high ROI and keep the ball rolling on the others, to achieve the best results